I have released four recipe books so far:

The Best of the Sunny Raw Kitchen
The Best of Raw Freedom Community
Delightfully Raw and
Deliciously Raw

These feature some of the most delectable creations to have come out of my raw kitchen and will appeal to anyone interested in a healthier diet, regardless of their level of knowledge and experience. From easy one-step everyday fare to more elaborate and involved gourmet dishes and layered cakes, they offer something for everyone and every occasion. Incredibly tasty smoothies, creamy and comforting warm soups, sexy salads, delicious nut cheezes, satisfying entrees and scrumptious guilt-free desserts...

Healthy food never tasted so good!

To learn more about my recipe books, click here!

Monday, November 3, 2008

Recipe of the Week: Cheddar & Smoked Veggies Pizza

It's been another mostly cracker 'n spread week. With some of the left-over Cheddar Cheeze Spread (Mosaica says she could eat that stuff every day! lol), last night we treated ourselves to a yummilicious pizza. I was debating whether to call it 'Cheddar & Bacon' due to the smokey flavor of the veggies, but decided against it. I sometimes cringe at the use of SAD names, particularly when it comes to meat products, and in this case, I felt it would have been stretching it a bit far. Anyhoo, you get the drift... I bet this combination would also work really great in a soft veggie wrap. Mmmmmmm



Cheddar & Smoked Veggies Pizza

Serves 4 or 5

For this recipe you'll need:
Smoked Veggies
3 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms of choice
1 cup chopped bell pepper (I used yellow, red and purple)
1/4 cup chopped green onions
2 1/2 tbs olive oil
2 1/2 tbs tamari
1 tsp liquid smoke
1 tsp garlic powder (or 1 garlic clove)
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp black pepper

Toss all ingredients in a bowl and let marinate for a couple of hours. Drain. Pulse-chop in food processor.

Assembly
On your crust of choice, spread a generous layer of Cheddar Cheeze Spread.

Follow with Smoked Veggies.

Top with tomato slice(s).

Dehydrate at 110 for 1 hour.

Enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. Smoke Veggies looks delicious

    but only one thing liquid smoke where did you get it?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That looks gorgeous and sooo delish! :) Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mirna,
    I got the liquid smoke at the health food store, in the same section as tamari.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love liquid smoke but do you know what it's made of?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's a bit dodgy and probably not raw, but I figure you need such a small amount as it's quite intense. *shrugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea, liquid smoke is smoke from wood and then it's quick chilled and it makes it condense. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do right? ;) This looks amazing Carmella! BTW is the latest Ebook the same as the last one or is this new?

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Sam! *waving*

    How is it going, man?

    Huh, not sure which one you mean by the 'latest ebook', but I'll recap just to make sure I got it all covered. ;-) I have 2 ebooks available ('The Best of the Sunny Raw Kitchen' and 'The Best of Raw Freedom Community'). Then I'm collaborating on Heathy's first ebook, 'Just Desserts', which will be coming out in the next couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so DELISH! But, alas, I'm water fasting at the moment... I'll have to put it on "the list"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carmi! Yummy, Persimmon Parfait looks great; I can almost taste it.

    ReplyDelete