I'm sorry to say that Summer has seemingly left us during this last week. It dropped something like 30 degrees overnight. Yikes! Let's just hope that we'll be getting at least a few more warm days before Fall really sets in.
With the arrival of the cooler weather, I've been spending a lot more time indoors, experimenting in the kitchen. Besides doing recipe development and testing for a new book (Yay!), I went on a major kale chip kick, filling the dehydrator twice with different variations of these yummies. Why haven't I gotten into these earlier; they're so utterly addictive!
I also managed to sneak in a couple of trays of Rosemary Crackers. I'm always on the look out for a good cracker to add to our list of staples, so when Velvet shared the recipe on Raw Freedom Community and mentioned that she couldn't stop eating them, it got my attention. These are probably the simplest flax crackers I've ever made and are soooo delicious! I'm having a hard time not popping one or two in my mouth every time I walk by the jar!
Posted by Velvet on Raw Freedom Community here
Rosemary crackers are very easy to make, and are the perfect snack or addition to salads. Rich in omega 3 fatty acids, B vitamins, iron and seasoned with mineral rich salt, these crackers will ensure you get top nutrition while loving every bite.
Ingredients: (fills 1 dehydrator tray)
- 1 cup sprouted flax seed powder*
- 1/2 cup whole flax seeds
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbs dried rosemary
- Salt to taste (about 1/4 tsp + more to sprinkle)
- Combine the flax powder, flax seeds, nutritional yeast, salt and rosemary in a large bowl.
- Mix about 1 cup of water by hand until well combined.
- Spread on a ParaFlexx dehydrator sheet to cover the entire sheet. Gently, score the batter into squares, or any shape you like.
- Dehydrate overnight, and flip onto a mesh screen. Dehydrate further until crispy.
* Or use regular ground flax seeds, which will give you the same result but are less nutritious.
Carmella's Note: I didn't have sprouted flax seeds powder so I used regular ground golden flax.
Getting my Coco Detox on with Skinnamon
11 hours ago